Monday, January 25, 2010

Can Google Save the World?



Last night while teaching confirmation the pastor explained to the class what BC (Before Christ) and AD (Anno Domini) meant, and what the more current forms of marking time are (CE and BCE). When I got home I realized that I am in a class called, "Theology After Google." Time is no longer delineated from the Jesus of Nazareth event, but the advent of Google!

What's more, I am reading a book called, "What Would Google Do?" This is, of course, a play on the phrase, "What Would Jesus Do?" Has Google become the standard of being in the world?

What do you think? Can Google save the world?

Check out what our professor Philip Clayton, or Trip Fuller has to say. You can also see what I have written, or what James Kang, Angelina Duell, and Jon Visitacion have said.

No comments: